Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 7.5

Day 7.5
Well, I'm not gonna sugar coat it....yesterday SUCKED! 

The bad new;
My ultasound only showed 3 folicles.  I was told by my doctors "fellow" that at this point they like to see at least 4 and that usually if all 4 haven't been produced by now, they won't be.  She also said that the success rates are so low with only 3 that it's not even worth doing the retrieval.  Which means that they would cancel my cycle and we would have to start over, new cycle with a new regimen.  Which means new drugs.....which means the THOUSANDS of dollars we've spent on drugs is flushed down the proverbial toilet and we need to buy THOUSANDS more worth of different drugs.  Which, is not really feasible considering that we got free drug to even be able to do this in the first place, and we can't apply for free drug again cuz it's a one time deal.  They sent me home to await a phone call.  They didn't even bother to set up my next appointment.  It was very depressing.

The good news;
SCREW THAT!  I'm making follicles RIGHT FREAKIN' NOW!  I'm gonna be a follicle makin' rock star!!  They can kiss my ass!  We did NOT go through everything we went through just to start over and quit on this cycle.  This cycle WILL work.  My body just does things on it's own time...always has.  (Like when I went into labor with my daughter 12 hours before my scheduled C-section.)   I got the call from a nurse yesterday afternoon that the doctor said for me to continue taking my meds and add Ganirelix (sp?) in the mornings and come in Tuesday morning for another ultrasound and bloodwork.  Fine.  I'm gonna make so many damn follicles they won't know WHAT to do with them all!  Bitches.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment